Thursday, October 25, 2012

I kneel before the Father


Today's Readings - http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102512.cfm

The saints will forsake everything just to be with Jesus, and that's including their life, family and their possessions. At first this was shocking to me. I later on realized that I was putting more preference on attachments to people than to God. It's like a battle between the two. But our attachments to human beings cannot satisfy us fully, only Jesus can. Let me put it this way...my love for my wife, children, family and neighbors gets elevated to a whole new level when I focus first on Christ. If I love Christ first, and love Him as if nothing else matters, then the rest follows...I am able to love my wife more, through thick and thin, and not just on days when it's rosy. I am able to love more of my children, even when I'm running out of patience. I am able to love more of my neighbor, even when they have shortcomings. I am able to forgive more, even when it's hard to forgive.

You see, if you put attachments to humans first, ahead of Christ, there will come a time when you will hit a wall and you cant follow through anymore. Your sacrifices becomes meaningless without Christ. After all, we do everything through Christ Jesus, who enables us and strengthen us.

So who do you love more? What if we experience the same thing that Job experienced in the scriptures, would we still love Christ? Are we depending so much of our life on others?

Remember that God put everything in its place around you so that it will remind you of Him and lead you to Him, and that includes your wife, your children, your brothers and sisters, your parents and your neighbors.

"I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named" Eph 3:14

Let our prayer be... In Christ alone!



No comments:

Post a Comment