Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord

http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/081512-mass-during-the-day.cfm

Today I am going to share with you a little secret on how to get closer to Jesus and obtain prayers, favors and intercession and even to ask for grace. A secret that even the saints know about, such as Padre Pio, St. Therese, Blessed Pope John Paul II...etc.

When I was growing up, being brought up in a Catholic country, I was exposed at an early age to Marian devotion. It was a beautiful experience, and something that is always etched in my mind and my heart. During those years, I was exposed to the Mysteries of the Rosary, but as a young kid and throughout my early adult years, I did not have a full understanding of Mary until now. Although, I must admit there is so much to learn about her, but this is a good step forward to learning more about my Catholic faith and Mary.

So in my own little understanding allow me to share what God has revealed to me about the Blessed Virgin Mary. When you go to a court trial, you can either choose to have a lawyer to represent you or waive your right and go by yourself. A lawyer would of course know the details of the law and how he/she can best represent your case to the judge. You see, that is how Mary is to me, she is like a good lawyer, she knows best how to present my prayers to Jesus and she wraps it with love, purity, hope and compassion and she makes my prayers ever more beautiful in the face of Jesus. Just as a good lawyer can win your case with the judge, it is the same way with Mary. She knows that in order to please Jesus and hear my prayer, there may be cases where I need to persevere, be patient, pray more, do works of mercy, charity, learn from mistakes..etc. She can help us pray to Jesus and give to us what we need. Of all the saints, she knows it best on how to aid and present your prayers to Jesus, she is after all the mother of God. And just as a mother would care for her children with great care and compassion, she will never stop praying for us, until Jesus hears our case. There have been countless miracles, visions, apparitions attributed to Mary. And this is why the Catholic Church believe so strongly that she is a great and powerful intercessor.

So what is my secret? It's Mary!...she's my shortcut to Jesus. She leads me to Jesus in a way that is more effective. She can relate to my shortcomings as a mother can relate to her son. It is no wonder the saints venerate her so deeply because they know she is face to face with Jesus in heaven and they know their prayers are more effective when you ask for her intercession. So if you want to win your case in court, wouldn't you hire a great lawyer? So what are you waiting for? Ask for her intercession...it's free of charge!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment