Friday, August 3, 2012

In your great kindness answer me


http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/080312.cfm

Hearing the news of death of close friends or families always comes to me by surprise, especially when they die of sudden death. First Father Ron and now, Tita Grace Baquilod. And these are good people who are very active in the vineyard of the Lord. At this point in my faith journey, I should know better, that they are in a better place than us. They are now face to face with the Lord.

There were so many questions in my head on why it happened. I guess the hardest part for me to get over with are these questions...Was I lacking in prayers? in petitions? did I get lazy? especially now that I am starting to learn more about the scriptures, there are so many bible verses that pops out in my head that sends mixed feelings to my soul, for example: "If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it - John 14:14". So I asked...repeatedly for healing of these good people...and yet they were taken by our Lord.

And then this passage... "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways - Isaiah 55:8"...ouch! And then another friend of mine sent this... "the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away - (Job 1:21)"...another ouch! I think what God is teaching me during these times is to have that blind faith on Him and knowing that even if things don't make sense, His ways are still better than mine. You see I was starting to become like those people in the gospel today, asking Jesus about His qualifications and doubting Him, and the end result is, He was not able to perform mighty deeds among them.

I can see now why attachments to people (and material things) can be a hindrance to fully experiencing God and allowing Him to work through us. You see, Fr. Ron and Tita Grace are both dear to me, they both showed me Jesus Christ in some way shape or form and I love them both and will sorely miss them, but Jesus loves them more than I do, I mean...He gave His life for them, that they may experience their reward in heaven. My attachments, my admirations and my longings are nothing compared to what God can give them in heaven. And so I must let go. With blind faith, I believe God has a greater and more grandeur plan than mine, and that He will do mighty deeds in my life...I know He will...Yes Jesus, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment